Today, in the technology driven world, without the Internet we would all be lost. Internet connects people; it is the way we do business and communicate with clients. But nothing would be possible if we didn’t have the Ethernet cable. This little cable carries Internet from the modem to the computer allowing us to connect with the rest of world.
Ethernet cable made a significant impact on the networking in the last 40 years. Internet is no longer limited. Whether you need an online connection for your TV, computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet or other network devices, buy fast network cables to ensure interference-free connection. Since, Ethernet cable is so important, would it be nice to know more about this data product. Here are few facts that may come in hand when you need to buy fast network cables.
- Did you know that the Ethernet cable was named after the substance luminiferous ether, that acts as a medium for transmission of electromagnetic waves. Even though this 19th century theory was proven untrue, the name Ethernet cable remained.
- The first Ethernet cable was invented back in 1970s by XeroxR. They used coaxial cable that carried only 3Mbps per second. Where as later in 1980 Xerox PARC in California introduced a 10Mbps Ethernet cable that was compatible with DIX 2.0.
- As the demand for the Internet connections grew, so did the need for faster Ethernet cable as well. Thus in 1990′s, Ethernet was designed to support up to 100 Mbps and a gigabit in 1995. Nowadays, you can buy fast network cables that come in 10 gigabit, ideal for larger corporations that need faster Internet connections.
- You can find a 100 Gbps Ethernet cable, although not recommended. You might experience some issues because the laser pulses fail to maintain their shape and become short as they travel through the fiber.
- The most common Ethernet cable used today is the 10 Mbps, the one invented by Xerox, Digital and IntelR.
- Even though 10 Mbps Ethernet cable is ideal for households that include two to three computers, still people tend to buy fast network cables like 100 Mbps or more in order to have faster Internet connection.
- All Ethernet cables consist of 4 twisted pairs of wires. The twist of the Ethernet cable prevents any currents and interference that might happen in the pairs.