Every smoker knows that smoking is very bad for their health. Yet many continue to do it. The positive thing is that majority of smokers have the desire to ditch the habit for good and have tried to quit smoking at some point, but without any success. And because cigarettes contain toxins and over 40 compounds that can cause cancer, reducing the number of cigarettes does not make a big difference. To ensure healthy body, quit smoking is an only option. Or is it.
Recently a healthier alternative has been gaining popularity – e-cigarettes. Ecigarettes are an alternative solution to traditional cigarette smoking as they do not contain harmful chemical of traditional cigarettes. Although not a new invention, their popularity has quickly increased due to the fact that ecigarettes offer convenience for both smokers and non-smokers. They do not produce odors that usually bother non-smokers, thus are permitted in enclosed areas. But that’s not all. Let’s see how much you really know about electronic cigarettes.
- Did you know there is actually nothing burning inside e-cigarettes? Instead, there is a battery, a vaporization chamber and a cartridge filled with liquid. It is the battery that powers the device, heats the liquid and vaporize it. So what you inhale is actually vapor.
- The liquid that goes into the cartridge is a combination of nicotine, solvent, flavorings, and other additives. And the amount of nicotine usually depends on the size of the cartridge. Smaller cartridge means smaller amount of nicotine.
- Ecigarettes liquid is available in a variety of flavours and contains strictly nicotine which means you will be able to easily fix your cravings without the harmful effects of tobacco.
- Because ecigarettes are battery-powered devices, remember to have the battery always charged. Many ecigarettes are provided with USB and car charges.
Now that we have armed you with helpful information, here are few interesting facts.
- The first e-cigarette was invented by Herbert A. Gilbert in 1963. the product was short-lived.
- The first nicotine-based e-cigarette was invented in 2003 by Hon Lik, a Chinese pharmacist.
- In April of 2006, e-cigarettes were first introduced to Europe and in 2009 to Australia.
- E-cigarette laws very worldwide. For example electronic cigarettes are banned in Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Colombia and Indonesia. Australia, Belgium, Denmark and France partially permit the use of e-cigarettes, while in Germany, Czech Republic, Estonia, Italy and European Union countries the use of these devices is permitted.
- Ecigarettes can actually help you quit smoking for good because you gradually lower the amount of nicotine you take in. Many who have tried them, claim to have significantly reduced smoking.