10 Interesting Facts about Poetry
April 17, 2015 | Poetry, Sex and Love|
The amazing art form of poetry is all around us, so because of that, today, we have compiled a list of interesting facts about poetry and some facts about what is poems true use. We hope you enjoy.
- One of the most popular forms of writing short poems is the haiku. Originating from Japan, the haiku has only seventeen syllables. There are three lines containing five, seven, and again five syllables.
- Mahabharata is the longest poem in the world. It is an Indian epic poem which has around 1.8 million words and is named Mahabharata.
- Poetry is a way to make a profit. I know it sounds bad and hypocritical, but yes, you can make money of off poetry. As long as you have the right poems for the target demographic, by publishing a book of poetry and making posts you can earn a profit. Whatever you do, do not forget how important is to write poems about the one you love and how pure your writing needs to be.
- March 21st is World Poetry Day. This day is celebrated on an initiative by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for appreciation and support from poetry and poets from around the world. On that day, it’s a blessing to think about some great birthday gift ideas for boyfriend.
- The Epic is one of the earliest types of poetry. It consists of a long story (narrative) which includes many awesome heroic actions.
- The oldest written poem is the Epic of Gilgamesh originating from Babylon. In it we have the story of a king, Gilgamesh, who was half-god, half-man. It is believed that the Epic of Gilgamesh is around 4,000 years old.
- A stanza, originally contains 12 lines. A couplet is a two-line stanza, and a quatrain is a four line couplet.
- Poetry is an outlet for our emotions. It doesn’t matter what kind of emotion it is. Poetry helps us define it in our hearts and reminds us that these words are a reminder of our expressions towards others. Whether you write poems for her or love poems for him from the heart, being yourself is the most important thing.
- Poetry is a great way to improve your vocabulary. As you read poetry you will start to find more complex words that you’ve never heard of, same is with writing, you would like to find new words so you can mix those with your poetry. So, poetry will invoke your creativity and you will start to look for words to add to your vocabulary.
- Poetry can be used to make your rap better. When comparing rap music vs. poetry, it’s important not to think in a negative way. Just because the mainstream media is broadcasting rap about guns, drugs, women and money it doesn’t mean that that should be your style of writing. There are a lot of underground artists trying to uplift our society and you should be one of them, just find a theme that challenges and inspires the mainstream society.