When compared to the past, these years camping in Australia has evolved, and a lot. It’s way more comfortable and adjusted to the campers’ needs so they could spend more quality time with their loved ones and friends. According to some statistics, around 1 in 10 Aussies camp at least once a year at some of the most popular spots, enjoying the long-lasting bonfires with amazing company. If new to this, there are some important things you need to know about camping, but also some interesting facts that can help you prepare for the upcoming adventure.
- There are four different types of campgrounds to choose from: commercial, free, national park and walk-in campsites. All of them can provide you with different things, but if you are looking for something more private and isolated, avid campers recommend going to the national park campsites.
- Before going camping and hiking, you ought to stock up with the right hiking camping gear if you want to have an enjoyable journey. Headlights, water bottles, basic kitchen utensils and earplugs are a must. Regarding the choice of water bottles, make sure you get BPA free ones since BPA is a toxic ingredient that is known to imitate the body’s hormones, thus interfering with the production, secretion, function and elimination of natural hormones.
- Playing games makes camping a lot more fun and that’s the perfect way to bond with loved ones /friends more. Turning off the smartphones and having fun while playing cards, monopoly, Jenga, etc., can actaully help you create unforgettable memories. These may not be bits of essential hiking camping gear, but you won’t regret taking the time to pack some of these options.
- According to avid campers, nothing can beat up the beauty of starring into the starry sky at night in an open field. Priceless.
- It may sound strange, but you can actually calculate the temperature with crickets in spring and summer. You can do this by counting the number of crickets chirps you hear in fourteen seconds. Once done, add 40 to the counted number, and the result would be the temperature in Fahrenheit degrees. Funny, right?!
- According to some studies, the number of people who enjoy sleeping under the stars in a sleeping bag is higher than the ones using tents. Maybe it’ll be strange at the beginning, but once you get used to it, you’ll love it. But if you’re not that brave, stick to your tent sleeping option.
- When it comes to food and drinks, all campers can agree on this, coffee in the morning and toasted sandwiches taste best during a camping trip. Not sure why, but that’s just the way it is.