Being delicious, elegant and creamy, it is almost impossible to not fall in love with Chardonnay after the very first sip. Its unique taste has made it one of world’s most favourite wines. Unique taste and versatility. You may ask, “How can wine be versatile?”. Well, it can. No matter if light and crisp, or full-bodied and creamy, a bottle of Chardonnay fits perfectly any occasion. Moreover, it pairs well with different dishes, from pasta, lobster, fish and seafood to all kinds of meat (pork, chicken, turkey), green salads and much more.
Here are few facts that will expand your horizons about this wine and make you appreciate it even more.
- 1980’s were the years when Chardonnay has become а global wine phenomenon. California was the epicenter of the Chardonnay eruption and thanks to the immense popularity, vineyards from all over the world adopted this wine grape. Soon, Chardonnay conquered the whole world. This is how this white wine secured its everlasting place in the history of wine.
- The most popular wine regions where Chardonnay wine grape is grown are: California, New York, France, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- More than 160,000 hectares are planted with Chardonnay grape variety. These numbers confirm the fact that Chardonnay is one of the most widely planted grape variety globally.
- Oak barrels play the most important role in the taste of Chardonnay. If aged in an oak barrel, this wine features rich, toasty, creamy and buttery flavour. If not, the end result is a crisp, fruity (green apple or exotic fruit) flavour.
- Not every bottle of Chardonnay contains same percentage of alcohol. Usually, alcohol percentage varies from 12 % to 15%, depending on the flavour. Light, fruity flavours Chardonnay wines have lower percentage of alcohol, usually 12%, while rich-flavoured ones have higher alcohol content.
- Chardonnay is the key ingredient of champagne.
Search online for Chardonnay wine for sale as you will be able to choose from some of world’s most popular brands, such as Penfolds Yattarna, Pierro, Cape Jaffa La Lune, Churchview The Bartondale, Coldstream Hills, White Burgundy, Chablis and sparkling Blanc de Blancs. You will also be able to compare prices of different retailers and read other people’s opinion on particular brand. Of course, every brick-and-mortar liquor store offers Chardonnay wine for sale, but when shopping online your chances of finding quality at low price are higher.