So you bought a rustic industrial console table and now you don’t know how to style it? Well, don’t worry we’ll get to that in a bit, first let’s go over what industrial style actually is. It never used to be considered a style at all but an everyday work lifestyle. Somewhere over time, we started to look at it differently and we also started to appreciate its simplicity and visual appeal. The stripped back surfaces and unpretentious nature of industrial styles started to integrate into our homes. These days you can find industrial style homes and décor almost everywhere you look and it shouldn’t come as a surprise seeing that it is undeniably beautiful. Below we will go over different ways you can create a welcoming entryway to your home by incorporating other items to go along with your rustic industrial console table.
- Use materials to tie things together – One of the best ways to make sure your table is in unison with everything else is to add pieces that are made from similar materials. Like a sculpture or even picture frames that are made from the same materials that you console table is made out of. Industrial styles go best paired with metals and wood.
- Hang a mirror above the table – The entryway is a great place to put a mirror so you can get a last glance of how you look before you leave the house. It adds style and an interesting frame can really catch your attention, or a simple frame can really make the console table the centre of attention.
Add some appropriate artwork – You could find a nice piece of artwork that fits the space above the industrial console table as well as the colour scheme of your place. Picking the same colours will make it blend seamlessly into the space just make sure you choose something you like!
- Place chairs beside the table – This is particularly great if your table isn’t as long as you would like it to be in the space. It also comes in handy when you need extra chairs but don’t want to put them in your dining or living space. It is also a great place to tie your shoes before you walk out the door.
- Add height and lead the eye – Sometimes when you put something above a table it can look separated. You can draw the eye upward from the table by putting tall objects on it like long vases with flowers. This ties in your space and makes things look less awkward.
- Use the space underneath – If you don’t have that much space, then you can also utilize the space underneath the industrial console table. You could easily put a stool instead of chairs that slides right under or a low shoe rack to keep your shoes in one place right before you exit the doors.
- Don’t limit yourself to the entrance – If you don’t have an entrance then don’t fret, a rustic industrial console can look good in your hallway or up against almost any wall if you have the space for it. There are no real rules just make sure that it looks good and add some of the features above to make it tie into your space.