Optic Fibre Products Facts
May 29, 2014 | Networking Equipment|
In today’s world of electronic gadgets, the fibre optic products play a vital role in providing data networking with error-free and transmission services to different communicative sectors. These products contain one and sometimes several optic fibres, and each of them is protected with plastic coverings. There are different types of optic fibre products on the market, and every product is used for specific application. The optic fibre cables are rapidly becoming one of the more popular mediums used for transmission, cabling installation, including horizontal, backbone and desktop applications. Here are several facts about the optic fibre products you may not have know.
- Fibre optic products are thin and small in size. This is big benefit because the smaller and thinner means fewer data blockages.
- Smaller also means lightweight. Because they are lightweight, NASA uses them in its space shuttles, and many companies that build airplanes use them in order to reduce the weight of the plane.
- Fibre optic products are more secure. Also, the investment in fibre optic products is considered as more beneficial in the long run when compared with the copper wire investment.
- The fibre optic products are binary. Because of that, they don’t interfere with one another and there isn’t residual lighting charge. This makes the fibre optic products great medium for digital data transmission.
- Signals sent over optic fibre cables don’t degrade as fast as the signals sent by a copper wire. Optic fibre products don’t degrade as fast as the copper wires, and there is no signal loss in many different situations.
- Fibre optic products use less energy. They upgrade the equipment and increase the overall performance.
- Optic fibre products are ‘green’, which means they are good for the environment. Lower energy consumption means lower price of operation and lower carbon footprint.
- Fibre optic products use light and there is no chance of burning your hands when touching them. Since no electricity passes through them, they are not hot.
- Fibre optic products are not affected by weather. This is because these cables use light instead of electricity. They aren’t disturbed by the weather changes in the environment.
- Fibre optic cables are faster. The data is transmitted faster because the fibre optic products have higher capacity.