A perfume is one of the most commonly used fashion accessory. Every woman loves to smell good since a perfume adds to woman’s sophistication and sex appeal. Perfumes are used every day and for most people, especially for women, they are as necessary as brushing teeth or taking a shower. You can buy them from the traditional perfumeries or order them for fragrance shop online stores. The advantage of fragrance shop online stores is that you can find a wide range of branded cheap fragrances because of the huge online competition. Also, most fragrance shop online stores offer huge discount deals in order to sell fast older versions of some branded perfumes. That is why you can get at least two branded cheap fragrances for the price of one – one for yourself and one for your hubby. Or you can just use his. Yes, you read that correctly. Did you know that one third of men’s perfumes are worn by women. According to the perfume expert, Roja Dove, there is actually nothing feminine or masculine about a fragrance. It is all about marketing. Here are few more interesting facts about perfumes you probably didn’t know.
- The name “perfume” comes from the Latin word “per fumum” that means “through smoke”. This indicates that the first perfumes were incense based and were made from herbs and spices.
- The first modern perfume made by blending alcohol and essential oils was designed in 1310 for the Queen Elizabeth of Hungary. The name of the fragrance was “Hungary Water” and it was a combination of rosemary, thyme and verbena essence. Nowadays, there are some “Hungary Water” variations that can be bought in the traditional perfumeries.
- The two most commonly used flower essences in modern perfumes are jasmine and rose.
- The fragrance will not last longer if you apply more, especially if it is a cologne. Cologne has a low concentration of essential oils, so the scent will last only 2 hours. Eau de toilette is little bit stronger than the cologne and lasts up to 4 hours. Eau de parfum lasts up to 5 hours and the most concentrated and longest lasting is the perfume. The perfume can last up to 6 hours or throughout a whole day.
- The first maker of the perfume is a woman called Tapputi, mentioned in a cuneiform writing in Mesopotamia.
- In the 13th century, Master Glovers used perfume to fine leather goods and gloves in order to hide the strange odor which was the result of tanning. This is considered to be the starting point for perfumery in Grasse, France.
- The first fashion designer to launch a perfume related to a design house was Paul Poiret. The perfume “Les Parfums De Rosine” was launched in 1911 during a party at his house when he gifted each of his guests with one bottle of this extraordinary perfume.
- The term Eau De Cologne comes from the name of a German town, where this perfume originated. The famous Italian perfumer Giovanni Maria Farina invented this fragrance in 1709 and wrote the following to his brother: “I have found a fragrance that reminds me of an Italian spring morning, of mountain daffodils and orange blossoms after rain”.