You don’t have to be an expert or to own a warehouse or a construction company to know what a forklift is and what it does. We all pretty much have an idea of the purpose of this vehicle – it is designed to lift and move heavy loads. Although many take forklifts for granted, these machines are super powerful, exceptionally maneuverable, flexible, durable, easy to operate and maintain. To better understand just how powerful these vehicles are, picture a small car such as Mitsubishi Lanser lifting thousands of kilograms 10-plus meters into the air. And all without tipping over. How impressive is that?
It’s a fact that forklifts have been part of every industry for almost a century now. Yes, these vehicles are not a product of the modern world. First forklift, named Tructractor, was developed in 1917 by the Clark Company. Primary purpose of this vehicle was to move heavy material and object in, out and around company’s factory. Business associates and customers of the Clark Company were impressed with Tructractor and demand it. Due to huge success, the Clark Company soon incorporated a hydraulic powered lift. However, the first time forklift was used to actually lift loads was in 1923 by the Yale Company. Since, forklift technology has been constantly evolving.
Today, there are numerous manufacturers of this extremely versatile vehicle. But one manufacturers rules the throne – Mitsubishi. The brand is known for developing and producing forklift models that offer powerful performance and feature compact design – key solution to increased warehouse efficiency and productivity. The brand has been on the market for over 75 years and keeps surprising the world with its innovative and breakthrough technologies. Here are few facts you must know about Mitsubishi forklift company regardless of whether you do or do not own one of brand’s models.
- 1937 – Mitsubishi Nichiyu Forklift Co. was established.
- 1939 – First electric Mitsubishi forklift developed and manufactured.
- 1958 – Company introduces its first electric reach forklift.
- 1971 – First automatic operated Mitsubishi forklift introduced.
- 2009 – Mitsubishi introduces world’s first engine/battery hybrid forklift. This Mitsubishi forklift offers incredible 39% greater fuel-efficiency thanks to lithium-ion battery.
- 2011 – First Mitsubishi forklift with radiation-shielded cabin manufactured. The vehicle was developed to help clean contaminated debris at Japanese Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station post earthquake in which over 15,000 people lost their lives.
- As of March 31, 2013, the net sales of the Mitsubishi forklift giant were over 75 million US dollars.
- Today, Mitsubishi Nichiyu Forklift Co. has offices and plants all over world – Eastern and Western Europe, North America, China, South East Asia and Oceania.
Helpful tip: Operating a forklift is a demanding job. If you cannot adequately control the vehicle, it can easily tip over, either sideways or forwards. Many things can cause tipping over, such as: turning at speed, lifting loads off centre, overloading, rapid acceleration or hard braking, etc. regardless of the brand and model.