With so much attention being put on outer beauty and flawless celebrity magazine covers, it is hard not to be self-conscious about our looks. It’s a fact that we all, women especially, have eyes like an eagle and notice even the smallest skin flaws. This demand is the leading factor for so many skin care treatments. Some are more effective, other less.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) for example, is a laser treatment that has become a trend in the recent years in Australia. A growing number of women, and men likewise, opt for this type of skin care treatment to deal and treat different skin issues. If you too are planning to undergo IPL skin treatment, you should get well informed about it.
We have made a list of some of the most important facts about the ipl skin treatment everyone who has intention to undergo this treatment should know.
- IPL skin treatment is a non-abrasive treatment. What does this means? It means that IPL pulsed light treats only the lower layers of the light (dermis), which means that the light doesn’t affect the upper layers of the skin (epidermis).
- The light spectrum used in the IPL skin treatment, focuses only on the cells of the skin that contain melanin (pigment that determines the colour of the area on the face).
- The laser light is converted into heat that affects only the specific area that needs to be treated. Areas around the targeted area that is being treated are not affected.
- What makes IPL different from other laser treatments is the fact that the laser light contains more wave lights in each pulse. This increases the penetration with the use of less energy.
- IPL machine usually comes with a built-in cooling system. In case the technician uses the machine that does not have this feature, he/she uses special cooling gel for soothing the areas that are targeted and affected.
- IPL skin treatment is most commonly used for treating skin issues like broken capillaries and veins, spider veins, acne, dark spots and freckles, stretch marks and more.
- This treatment is also used for hair removal because produced energy has the ability to stop the growth of hair follicles in the skin. After several treatments the appearance of unwanted hair in different parts of the body is significantly reduced.
- The difference between IPL skin treatment and other hair removal treatments is in the type of wave length used. For laser hair removal procedure, the technicians use only a singe wave length.