Gone are the days when candles were the only source of light. Throughout the years, the world has evolved a lot and so has technology, and when it comes to lighting, these days LED lights are the most popular thing. LED or also known as ‘light emitting diodes’ are used in both domestic and corporate facilities as they are way more affordable than incandescent and halogen lights. Except for that, when compared to the other two types of lighting, the LED ones have a longer lifespan, produce almost no heat at all and can be easily programmed and controlled.
When it comes to the type, except for the ordinary LED bulbs, you can also choose to buy LED strip lights as they are versatile and flexible. In fact, architects and lighting designers are all into this LED strip light trend, so they are implementing them into any residential, commercial or industrial project, and this is not only because of their flexibility and affordability. They are in love with these LED strip light trend as this type of LED lights are extremely efficient, easy to install, come in all sizes and have a lot of colour options to choose from. These are just some of the most basic things you should know about LEDs, now let’s see some more cool and interesting facts about them.
- Professor Nick Holonyak was the one who invented the first visible LED back in 1962.
- In comparison to light bulbs which are driven by AC (alternating current), LEDs are driven by DC (direct current).
- According to many studies, LED lights do not attract the insects as much as the other traditional types of light sources. The reason for that is because LED lights have little UC content.
- A good quality LED light can have a lifetime of more than 50 000 hours.
- According to many surveys, blue LEDs can keep food fresh which is why they are mainly used in fridges.
- Plug and play LED strip kits are great for those of you who need a quick lighting solution without the need to call an electrician. All you need to do is to measure the length of strip you need, peel off the adhesive backing and secure the strip in place. Simple as that!
- The wired LED strip lights, on the other hand, are not that easy to install which means that a qualified electrician is needed for their installation.